Harden & Murrumburrah
The twin towns of Harden-Murrumburrah is located on the Burley Griffin Way between Canberra and Griffith. Harden Train Station is on the Sydney to Melbourne XPT train line. Each town has its own shopping precinct which contain fantastic retail outlets and eateries. There are an abundance of services including wonderful schools, medical and retirement facilities, sport and recreational facilities. Harden-Murrumburrah is blessed with an abundance of Australian history including being the birthplace of the first Australian Lighthorse and being involved in the 1850s Gold Trails.
DID YOU KNOW THAT...
- Harden is known for the annual Kite Festival, held in October of each year.
- The Harden Picnic Races are also held on the last Saturday of October
MAKE SURE WHEN YOU ARE IN HARDEN MURRUMBURRAH YOU CONSIDER...
- Wandering around the shops, cafes and soak up the historic atmosphere.
- A visit to the Harden Murrumburrah Historical Museum.
- A visit to the Gold Trail Experience in Murrumburrah (pictured below) which brings to life the pioneering history of the region with fun interactive touch screen displays