Click here for the Hilltops Region Event Calendar covering Boorowa, Harden and Young as well as the villages of the Hilltops Region.
The region’s signature events, include the National Cherry Festival and Irish Woolfest in Boorowa. The Cherry Festival is now in its 67th year and is held in the first full weekend in December coinciding with the cherry harvest. The festival starts on Friday night with fireworks, live music in the park and announcement of the Cherry Queen / King and Charity Queen / King winners in the annual festival cherry entrant competition and a big program of events continues on Saturday and Sunday morning. The Irish Woolfest in Boorowa takes place in the first weekend in October and includes the infamous running of the sheep down the main street.
Daily wine tastings are available at the following cellar doors and wineries:
- Grove Estate (7 days- 9am until 5pm)
- Lindsay's Woodonga Hill Winery 7 days - 9am until 5.00pm
- Moppity Wines - Opening 2016 ( date to be confirmed)
- Chalkers' Crossing - Monday-Thursday (Friday Appointment only)
- Freeman's Vineyard (Appointment only)