轻马纪念馆（LIGHT HORSE Memorial）
The Light Horse Memorial commemorates the birthplace of the First Australian Light Horse at Murrumburrah in 1897.
Bronze sculptures of Corporal William Bradford of the First Australian Light Horse, the ‘Retreat at Romani’ with horse, ‘Bill the Bastard’ carrying five men, and a diorama of Beersheba by Murrumburrah sculptor Carl Valerius, granite blocks, nearby is a wall of remembrance and a number of commemorative plaques are set in a garden near Murrimboola Creek.
On August 30 1897, the very first call up muster and enrolments to the First Australian Horse took place at Harden-Murrumburrah. Advertisements were placed in local papers inviting men to join in and they were promised comradeship, sport and good fun. Of the 80 who arrived on the day, 60 local men were picked to join as volunteers. They had prove themselves as competent riders and had to provide their own horses.