Carrington Park is located adjacent to St Marys Catholic Church and opposite the Young Historical Museum. The park has BBQ facilities, picnic tables and toilet facilities, as well as play equipment for the kids to enjoy. Parking is available on adjacent streets.
The park was established on a former police paddock in 1888 and names after Lord Carrington (State Governor) who was in town to switch on the first electric power system.
Carrington Park is featured in the young Town walk brochure available at the visitor centre.